Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Biggest Project To Date

We kept this under our hats for a while, and we finally revealed on Facebook a couple weeks ago – but we’re having a baby! We had been trying for over a year, and now our little miracle has happened, and we could not be happier.

I’ve had two ultrasounds, they both look great. Babies heartbeat is 160. We go in January 13th for our next ultrasound and if the baby cooperates then we will find out the sex! I’m so excited…I’ve been counting down the days. I’ll post a voting pole soon to see what people think it will be.

My friend gives stats on her blog along the way, and I thought it would be fun to do as well, also a way for me to track what is going on with the baby at different times.…so here goes:



How far along?: 17 weeks

Total weight gain: 6lbs so far, up 2 from last week – Darn Christmas goodies!

How big is baby?: 5 inches – the size of a turnip or onion.

Maternity clothes?: Not yet, I have one pair of pants that still fit normally (they’re a bit stretchy) but all the others I have to do the rubber band trick. Still too small for the maternity pants I have though.

Stretch marks?: Nope, I’m going to look into what type of cream or lotion I should buy to try to help keep them away.

Sleep?: I wake up 2-4 times a night, so I’m exhausted! I TRY to go to bed early, but it doesn’t always work. I’m dreaming like crazy though! Which is very abnormal to me.

Best moment this week?: I think I felt the baby move! Little butterfly feeling right where the baby is at….it was crazy, but I moved to quickly afterwards and haven’t felt it since.

Movement?: A small one – I think!

Food cravings?: Nothing really. I haven’t really had much cravings, but wow have I had food aversions! I can no longer eat banana’s or peanut butter, a total bummer to me since I normally LOVE those foods! I am also not really into steak or prime rib anymore…something I used to love. The first trimester my food aversions were so bad I could only eat like one thing every night, and it changed regularly…taco time one night, beef stroganoff another…and oh beef stroganoff, how I’ve grown to love you….I also no longer seem to like green tea, I’ve switched to oolong which I’m finding yummy. And of course like always I can always eat anything potato related.

Labor signs?: Not yet, thank god!

Belly button in or out?: In. belly popped about 2 weeks ago – very noticeable right after I eat.

What I miss: Sushi & Sleeping through the night.

What I'm looking forward to this week: New Years Eve – seeing Jason and his daughter!

Weekly Wisdom: If you have a headache, take Tylenol.

Milestone: First movement felt!

3 comments:

  1. Target carries a "Belly Band" that works pretty well over non-maternity pants. Better than the rubberband trick I think and not too expensive.

    As far as lotions go, I like Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion for stretch marks http://palmers.com/product/detail.php?ID=43&SID=2 - I used it all through my pregnancy with Fin and never got any stretch marks even though my mom and sister have tons. I also like the Mama Bee Belly Balm by Burt's Bees, but it's a thicker consistancy so I use the lotion more often. http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/baby-mom-mom/mama-bee-belly-balm.html

    I felt the movement probably around the same as you are now with Fin, but it was the same - it felt like flutters, and I only felt it a few random times. Within the next few weeks you should be feeling kicks and you won't be able to deny it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that Belly Band and I HATED it! It worked fine on the weekend but then when I wore it to work it kept riding up. Maybe now that my belly is a bit bigger I'll try it again. I wonder if they make some sort of stretchy belt...that would work good! Right now I'm doing the rubber band trick with the very last loop of my biggest belt...almost past that point.

    Thanks for the tips on the lotion...I'll go pick some up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much hated mine too, and was so happy when I switched to maternity pants. I can't believe that you're still holding out! I was able to make the belly band work by wearing that over my jeans, and then wearing a tight tank top over that and under my shirt :)

    ReplyDelete