Thursday, February 16, 2012

24 Weeks!

So its been two weeks, and we had a lot going on - you know, with Lincoln's birthday and everything...

No seriously, we went to a comedy club with my parents and had a blast. We also went and watched the superbowl at Worm & Heathers house, a good time as always. Last Friday we celebrated Travis's birthday with a bit of karaoke. And in between those fun events Jeremy and I made 3 trips to Babies R Us. Oh ya...you heard me right THREE trips. I think my husband wanted to murder me.

The good news? We finally picked a stroller system. But lets take a step back, I have been obsessing over strollers for WEEKS. I have researched them to DEATH. I have talked to every parent I know and have gotten all the advice I could get, but in the end it always came back to one thing "its personal preference". How the heck does that help a new mom? I don't know what my preference is yet!?!

Some say get a stroller system (stroller and car seat that clip together and generally come in a set) they couldn't have lived without theirs. Some say don't do that, you'll hate the stroller afterwards. Then others say, it doesn't matter you'll end up with 4 strollers anyway. And so on comes the conflicting messages. So after weeks of researching I basically narrowed it down to 2 strollers that would work for us. And I brought Jeremy in to see them and to try the car seat in our car. The result - he HATED the one I picked out. *cue the duh duh duh music...

The guy at the store was super helpful, showed us lots of other options. Now we "thought" we were set on getting a set. We went home researched and said to ourselves, yep, good deal. Lets just make sure it fits in the scion....I'm guessing you can assume where I'm going with this. *duh duh duh....no dice.

So, we decided, lets toss the "set" idea out the window, and lets pick the best stroller we can find - and then, if it happens to have a set, its win win, but we'll figure that out once we find the "right" stroller...no easy task.

Also, let me express how much in general I HATE strollers, they are sooo difficult. By the end of our 2nd trip there we were no closer to figuring out this stroller car seat dilemma. They were either too difficult to collapse, or too heavy, or to big when they collapsed. And we were feeling VERY discouraged. Until the wandering sales person finally came and helped us...we explained our issue, space and ease apparently being our major factors and he introduced us to the City Mini and the Britax B-Agile. Now, the funny part was we had already dismissed all 3 wheel strollers cause they were to big when folded. Also the few we had tried Jeremy didn't like and thought they were to tippy. So his recommendation threw us...and the fact that we'd been there for 2 hours were tired and hungry and just plain irritable didn't help. But "Wow" does not explain how i felt when he just grabbed hold of a handle in the seat and it collapsed into something smaller than I had so far seen...and with no trouble at all. Not to mention it was only 16 pounds! I was in love....but of course I had to go home and research it first. Which I did. And I'm still in love...

Both strollers are pretty much the same, but being that the B-Agile came out after the City Mini they basically improved upon it, plus it came with a car seat that attached easily. WIN WIN. And it comes in stylish (and neutral) black!



Isn't she pretty? Yep, super stoked to find her. And really happy to have the decision behind us. Now onto picking out the nursery color! :) tehehe...no don't worry, that decision was actually made this week too! In fact Jeremy took down the popcorn ceilings today! I'm hoping by the end of the weekend the room will be nice and freshly painted and ready for us to start moving stuff in. I am VERY excited!




How far along?: 24 weeks

Total weight gain: 12 lbs

How big is baby?: 12 inches from head to heal - the length of an ear of corn.

Maternity clothes?: Yep!

Stretch marks?: YES! *cry* ...I noticed them earlier this week, they're just small little marks, barely noticeable, right on my hips. Jeremy had to squint to see them...but they're there!!!! SAD :( ...I've upped my lotion routine and added in vitamin E oil and Shea butter...lets hope to prevent anymore.

Sleep?: Same...up 2x a night or so

Best moment this week?: Valentines Day! Jeremy got me a bear with flowers, and then we went out to dinner, it was a great night with my hubby and I loved it!

Movement?: All the time.

Food cravings?: Made Jeremy run with me to the store a week or so back for mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Labor signs?: Still nothing, thank god!

Belly button in or out?: In.

What I miss: My girlfriend mentioned her stuffy nose on her blog a week or so ago...and that reminded me, I too miss being able to breath through my nose and not have it feel like its full of dirt all the time!

What I'm looking forward to this week: Getting the baby's room painted!

Weekly Wisdom: Don't settle, keep looking and researching and you'll find what is right for you. And you'll feel much better about it!

Milestone: Completed my glucose test...3 hours of yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment