Monday, March 7, 2011

Epic Fail

This is the sticker I saw on the back window of a truck on the way to work this morning. I thought to myself how funny, he must be a gamer. Then I got to work, was thinking about my new project, more about that later, when I realized I hadn’t updated the blog since Jeremy’s family was in town. EPIC FAIL.

So…without further ado please welcome our new stair railings!!!!



*I can hear the screams already* lol…okay okay they’re not that exciting…but I sure was proud of them, I pointed them out and gushed about them for the entire length of our house warming party. It probably had something to do with the fact that I helped paint them. Oh - and the fact that there was not a single person on my side when I said we were painting them white. Everyone wanted to stain them a wood color, and with all our white molding and doors I just couldn't see that. I am super glad that I stuck to my guns, cause the white turned out beautiful!

Check out the in progress shots:



It is actually kind of a funny story. We did these at around 11:30pm. After we got the first coat of paint on Danny looked at me and asked me if this was the same white used all over the house, why yes it is I told him and for the next hour Danny and I walked around painting every little chip and crack throughout the house. Kinda fun and now...all those little things that were driving me crazy are GONE! Awesome! Could not have been a better night :).

Speaking of productive, it was actually a very productive week. And since we all know how much I like lists, here is our completed checklist! Wahoo!

  1. The boys replaced 3 rotted out boards on our back deck,

  2. Fixed the back fence that had fallen down and was leaning on our rhododendrons,

  3. Fixed the daybed (again!) that thing just has all sorts of problems,

  4. Fixed our coffee table which had the shelf on the bottom fall off,

  5. Replaced our old hot water heater with a new .95 efficiency one! For whatever reason the fittings on top were leaking and about once a week we would find a puddle of water in our garage…should not have that problem anymore!

  6. They fixed my bar stools that had become very wobbly – thanks to a little glue they are as good as new!

  7. Installed a 2nd shelf in our hall closet

  8. Installed downstairs blinds

  9. Moved our house numbers – they used to be on a part of the house that was not lit up in the dark, now they are right above our door, nice and bright.

  10. And of course…installed the hand rails.

10 things in 10 days…not to shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment